- About CLA
- About Candlewood Lake
- Boating & Recreation
Similar to last year, this year Boat Captains will provide their own crew. We will also not be matching crew members to boat captains. Captains and crews should pick up their materials (including bags, gloves, and additional instructions) between 8-10 am on Saturday May 21 at New Fairfield Town Park boat launch. Return at around noon to unload your trash at the ramp and come up to the park for some lunch!
1) This waiver covers my participation in the J. Marsicano & F. Cioffi Memorial Candlewood Lake Clean Up on May 21st, 2022. It includes the entire day’s events where the Candlewood Lake Authority is involved.
2) I understand that there are inherent risks involved in participating in the J. Marsicano & F. Cioffi Memorial Candlewood, including the risk of serious physical injury, death or damage to property and I FULLY ASSUME ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE J. MARSICANO & F. CIOFFI MEMORIAL CANDLEWOOD LAKE CLEAN UP, EVEN IF DUE TO THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE CANDLEWOOD LAKE AUTHORITY AND THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS AND VOLUNTEERS.
3) I, for myself and for my heirs, assigns, successors, executors, administrators and legal representatives, agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the CANDLEWOOD LAKE AUTHORITY and their directors, officers, employees, agents, independent contractors, and volunteers from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expenses that I may suffer as a result of my participation in the J. Marsicano & F. Cioffi Memorial Candlewood Lake Clean Up.
4) I understand that in order to participate in the J. Marsicano & F. Cioffi Memorial Candlewood Lake Clean Up, I must formally register and agree to this waiver. I agree that this waiver is binding on me, my heirs, assigns, successors, executors, administrators and legal representatives.
5) I grant to the Candlewood Lake Authority the right to take photographs of me in connection with the above-identified event. I authorize the Candlewood Lake Authority to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically. I agree that the Candlewood Lake Authority may use such photographs of me with or without my name and for any lawful purpose, including electronic publications, presentations, literature and advertising or in other similar ways.
6) I confirm that I am 18 years of age or my parent or guardian has given consent below.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS WAIVER, HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY, AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT THAT I AM GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS. I HAVE NOT BEEN INDUCED TO SIGN THIS AGREEMENT BY ANY PROMISE OR REPRESENTATION, AND I AGREE VOLUNTARILY AND OF MY OWN FREE WILL.